Barnegat Light (XL)
Ref.#98 9621xl ~ Barnegat Light
The development of the original lighthouse began in 1834 with the appropriation of $6,000 from Congress. The 40-foot-tall lighthouse was commissioned the next year. Because of the strong currents in the inlet, the lighthouse was built 900 feet away from the water; but within ten years only 450 feet separated the tower from the water. Because of continuing erosion during its construction, a new 163’ high lighthouse was built in 1859, It was located about 100 feet south of the original structure, the site of which is now submerged.
Linhof Master Technica 4x5 view camera, Kodak Vericolor film
CLICK & SCROLL in WHITE BOXES for SIZES and PRICES