Pemaquid Point Light
Ref.#94 7284 ~ Pemaquid Point Light
The Pemaquid Point Light is a historic lighthouse built on the broad tip of the Pemaquid Neck. The lighthouse was commissioned in 1827 by President John Quincy Adams and built that year. Because of poor workmanship (salt water was used in the mortar mix), the lighthouse began to crumble and was replaced in 1835. During very low tides its reflection appears in the tidepools. Extreme tilting of the lens board and a very small aperture on the view camera keeps the whole scene in sharp focus.
Linhof Master Technica 4x5 view camera: Agfa Optima film
CLICK & SCROLL in WHITE BOXES for SIZES and PRICES